Saturday, January 05, 2013

Life updates

I want to thank everyone for a wonderful vacation. 2012 was a year of being barely able to see straight and this holiday season was a chance for me to sit on my ass with no expectations. In my heart, I wanted to do more with each of you, but I was plain tired and needed a refill. You all made that possible and I have headed back to Cali with my gloves on ready for all the adventure that comes with 2013.

I feel like we all have a lot of adventure in front of us this year and am using this post as an invitation to share our journey together.

For Ulrich and I, it will be sink or swim with our startup. No matter what happens life will be very different for us at the end of this year.

For Chris, the adventure is in a new job and direction.

For Adam and Kelsey, the year brings promise of travel and settling into a new life on the eastern half of the state.

For Jay and Toni, the adventure of getting married and starting a life together.

For Scott, a cool job in Hawaii and then to school in the fall.

For mom and dad, there is a great adventure in building TPS with new software and new opportunities.

I feel that as a family, our roads are leading us in separate directions as we explore God's call on each of our lives. I know that I will be incredibly busy with everything on my plate, but I also realized while I was home that I am missing the day to day developments in each of your lives.

I want to hear about job interviews, wedding plans, interesting days at work. Life as it unfolds.
Facebook helps with that but I'm wondering if people would be willing to post short updates on this blog

3 comments:

Joan N said...

I want to apologize for any unpleasntness as I attempted to make the Christams spirit the atmoshere but did the opposite at times.....God has a way of putting people into my life to speak the message to me...and Gail is such a friend.....I'm thankful for the experience of the cream candy evening.....I was just beginning to feel sick,and due to the amount of space in the kitchen, I was caught up in the challenge of trying to do cream candy and the taste testing. So off I go to get Gail...I phone I was pulling in and she met me at the van not wanting to make me wait one second.
At night's end I took her home. She could not stop talking about how honored she felt to be at our house. She managed to get herself in and out of our house not putting anyone out.

Yet all the way back to her home she went on and on about getting to know Chris, meeting Sara and Ulrich, holding Andrew and playing with Eddie. How cute Toni and Jay were together and how excited she was for Adam and Kelsey with their new home. The excitement came flowing out of her and I was humbled to think of all the petty things that get in my way to being joyful for the season. God knows us and brings people into our lives to redirect us. I apprecaite Gail's friendship an am truly blessed with an amazing family. I love you all very much. I am praying for you all....I hope to enjoy hearing from everyone as well.
FYI_Dad leaves for Fl tomorrow morning and then to Boston, MA on thursday then home friday evening around 11:30 pm CCsking is available I plan to go as many times as I can....all our welcome

Joan N said...

Forgot that the medal of honor goes to Toni who selfishly took her percious friday to drive with Dad to Chicago. Took care of sick Eddie and lung excersiing Andrew while Sara dealt with a bad back.
Jay,,,Toni must really love you to put up with us sometimess:)

Joan N said...

unselfishly wrong word...use the edit button Joan!!